- Custodians working before and after hours to address maintenance issues so that schools can operate safely
- A secretary spending time with a student who needed a little extra support in order to be successful when he returned to the classroom
- A whole host of volunteers (including staff) organizing fall celebrations during evenings and weekends
- Teachers collaborating after-school to plan engaging and differentiated lessons for their students
- Para-educators patiently working to support students with difficult challenges
- Administrators juggling many challenging issues while remaining positive and leading with students in mind
- Board members attending the annual conference to receive professional development and to network with Board members from across the state
I have had many opportunities to network with other superintendents over the last few months, and I am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to be part of the OCSU community. It is often difficult to find time to be reflective, but as October ends and we enter the season of thanksgiving, I am truly thankful for all of you and your dedication and commitment which makes OCSU such a special place.